Zoom Acces To:
Visceral Manipulation I: Pelvic Structures is a continuing education class for manual practitioners who want to improve their current skills in palpation and manual manipulation and expand their knowledge and understanding of the structures of the pelvis. This class will focus on visceral mobility of organs, fascias, nerves, ligaments and capsules of pelvic visceral structures to allow for appropriate movement patterns.
Restricted pelvic structures can cause decreased mobility and musculoskeletal dysfunction to include pain, loss of function / neuromuscular co-ordination, and weakness in various biomechanical structures that interact with the pelvic viscera such as the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine, the pelvis, hips, and knees. This class is concerned with the assessment and return to mobility of the viscera of the pelvis from a biomechanical, neurological, and neurohormonal standpoint and that interaction with other organs, the pelvis, and body as a whole including reflexes and adaptive patterns.
(Zoom) Visceral Mobilization I: Pelvic Viscera, October 9-10th, 2020
Visceral Mobilization I: pelvic Viscera (Zoom) 2-Day course
Friday and Saturday, 9am to 6pm
October 9-10th, 2020
Class participants will be able to:
1) Identify, palpate and test the mobility of the pelvic viscera to include joints, capsules / peritoneum, muscles, fascia, blood vessels, lymphatic tissue, and meso-attachments.
2) Ask appropriate patient history questions that take into account new, research-based understanding of pelvic visceral function;
3) Demonstrate various treatment strategies such as Fascial Release, Counterstrain-positional release, Neurolymphatic and Neurovascular Techniques, and NeuroDynamic Reintegration© (NDR©).
5) Perform appropriate Global and Regional provocation tests for the lumbopelvis and pelvic viscera.
6) Apply a specific Home Exercise / Self-Treatment Program based on objectively assessed neuromuscular imbalance and somatic dysfunction.
Instructor: Neal O'Neal, PT
Class is held 9-5 Friday and Saturday and will be a combination of Lecture and Lab.
9am – 12pm Anatomy and Neurology of Pelvic Viscera (Lecture)
12pm – 1pm Lunch
1pm – 1:45pm Global and Regional Provocation Tests for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (Lab)
1:45pm – 2:45pm Relation and Testing of Structural Visceral Dysfunction (Lecture)
2:45pm – 6pm Myofascial and Counterstrain Treatment of the Pelvic Viscera (Lab)
9am – 9:30am Current Research Discussion (Interactive Discussion)
9:30am – 10:30am Chapman's Assessment of the Pelvic Viscera (Lab)
10:30am – 12pm Neurological Assessment of the Pelvic Viscera (Lab)
12 – 1pm Lunch
1pm – 2:30pm Chapman's Treatment of the Pelvic Viscera (Lab)
2:30pm – 6pm Neuro Vascular / Neuro Dynamic Reintegration of the Pelvic Viscera (Lab)